The Clan

The Clan

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Thornock Family Black Friday Trip

After my Black Friday event at Walmart, we packed our bags and headed north to have a little vacation. We first traveled to Orem and met up with Julie's mom, dad, Meyer, Jen, Jenna, Jeff and Joe. It was Joe and Meyer's Birthday. We celebrated it at Chucky Cheese of all places. Which was perfectly fine with my kids. We had a great time there eating a lot of pizza (Thanks Papa Foster). We made a quick stop at the mall and then we headed to Salt Lake City. We went to the Gallivan Center in downtown SLC and went ice skating. It was the first time that I had ever been skating. We had a great time. There was a lot of people at the park. There was Christmas music and entertainment in the background.

Carson and Cannon pose for a pic. Cannon didn't really enjoy the skating, but I was impressed with Carson. He tried so hard and never came off the ice. Below I am with my two ice princesses. They did really well. They are actually keeping me from falling on my can.
What a good mom! Using her kid to break her fall.
Chloe refused to dawn the skates. However she played around on the steps and with the fallen leaves.
Here Cannon is enjoying a treat while sitting around looking really cool in his skates.
Brooke and Brin having some fun.
They even had some fires to warm oneself up every once in a while.
Our family posing on the ice. It was such a good time. Have you noticed the matching scarves Julie made everyone? We hope to do it again in the future.
After the skating we grabbed some Hot Cocco from Starbucks and walked up to Temple Square. It was the first night that the lights on the square where turned on.
What a beautiful nativity scene on the fountain.
A view from the temple grounds.
I think the kids enjoyed the lights. Cannon was getting a little tired. You will notice this trend in the rest of the pics.
Another family pic on the grounds.
The kids with the temple as a background.
After this we went to our hotel where we went swimming. Chloe is not afraid of the water, which is scarey. She loves to jump in the water. I think the kids slept well that night.
The next day was full of my most favorite activity of all -- shopping! Yeah right. I would rather do Black Fridays because I know what I wanted and went in and came out. All the shopping made me tired. Julie got to get a haircut at her favorite spot, The Sancutary Day Spa. She looks fantastic. We stopped off at my brother Shane's place before we left for a short visit. All in all, I had a great time, and I think everybody else did also.

No comments: