I can't really tell if Cannon is really asleep or just woke up for the picture.


Friday morning Dad and I set out for the golf course and played 18. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. What a gorgeous mid-October day. I hadn't played a round of golf since May 2007. I actually didn't score to badly, my shots were all over the place though. Dad had an awesome back 9.
On the way home on Friday, we stopped at Lehman's Cave in the Great Basin National Park. We went on a 60 min. tour cave. However, before we went into the cave, we went on a nature hike. Below is the kids by an old log cabin.
The nature trail took us right by the orginal entrance to the cave.
Here are the kids on the trail.
This is a little friend we saw on the way.
One of the cave tours requires the explorers to pass through this box before caving to ensure that they don't get stuck inside the cave forever!
Brooke, Brin and Carson pose at the entrance to the cave. Cannon refused to have his picture taken the rest of the time.
Here are several shots inside the cave. It is cool, in fact there once was a B movie made there about a journey to Mars.




Long time ago, one's admission to the cave included a tour and one got to break a piece of a formation off as a souvenir. The photo below show that the cave is still living and that it is trying to heal itself. Theory is that it takes 100 years for a stalactite or stalagmite to grow an inch.
This is a little friend we saw on the way. 
1 comment:
Those caves are awesome! I guess we need to take a trip. My kids would love that!
Post a Comment